Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spectacular La Samanna on St. Martin

I was lucky enough to get to spend a night at the stunning La Samanna Resort & Spa on St. Martin this summer, and cannot wait to return! This resort (in my opinion the most luxurious on the island) gets my top marks for accommodations, service, setting, food, and amenities.

Check in was quick, smooth, and friendly, and best of all, came complete with a gift bag! La Samanna has partnered with a Martinique rum producer to offer guests La Samanna branded rum. Currently, guests at the resort are presented with a bottle of this delicious elixir, plus a lime, sugar, and a recipe for ti punch (a classic French Caribbean cocktail). Now that's my kind of welcome gift - and I'm not ashamed to admit that the bottle was only half full by the time I checked out the next day!



My one bedroom Beachfront Suite was newly renovated (the resort just completed an extensive renovation on the rooms and facilities), and straight out of a design magazine. Decorated in soothing whites and blues that mirrored the colors of the water and sand just beyond my balcony, it was the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of other parts of St. Martin. The large bathroom featured a rain shower and window overlooking a small private garden area. Add in lots of fluffy white towels (don't you hate it when hotels only give you 2 towels?) and L'Occitane toiletries, and I was one happy girl! A separate kitchenette completes the suite - not sure who would cook while staying here, but the fridge and icemaker definitely came in handy during my stay!

 

 A large terrace overlooking the sea allowed for walk-out access to the beach!
 
 






The resort sits at the end of a mile-long stretch of perfect white beach, with crystal clear aquamarine water beyond. Lining the sand in front of the resort are dozens of super-cushioned lounge chairs shaded by wooden palapas. The beach service is wonderful, and comes around often to check on guests and offer little treats!

 





 




















I was treated to a fabulous sunset!
 


















Two swimming pools offer guests a choice of where to take a dip - I personally prefer the beachfront infinity pool, but both are beautiful!






The grounds are lush and well-tended, with a profusion of tropical flowers, bushes, and trees everywhere you look.
 





Dinner at the resort was fantastic, and the views made the meal even more delicious! My seared tuna amuse bouche and shrimp & rice entree were both perfectly prepared and presented, and my only regret is being too full to order one of the amazing-sounding desserts - but my server did still surprise me with a plate of delicious little chocolate madeleines with caramel sauce and fresh raspberries.









Breakfast the next morning was a beautiful buffet, with all the typical offerings, along with a Bloody Mary bar (sorry, forgot to take photos of that)!

Check-out was as efficient as check-in; I just wish I'd never had to leave! Overall, I was thrilled with the resort, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious stay in the Caribbean!

Want to plan your own trip to stunning La Samanna? Shoot me an email at caroline@easyescapestravel.com to get started!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...