Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Thinking back and looking forward

Photo taken over Guanacaste, Costa Rica in July 2009.

With 2009 just behind me, and 2010 stretching out in front, I'm remembering my trips over the last year and getting excited for those I'll take this year! Last year took me to some fabulous places, both domestic and international, including French Polynesia, Mexico, Tonga, Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Fiji, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Palm Beach, and Isle of Palms (SC). Now, if I could just get reviews and photos finished and posted here for all of these...



I get asked quite a bit where I'm heading next. 2010 is still a bit of a blank slate, but I do have some possibilities in mind! I'm hoping March will see me back in French Polynesia - this time with stops on Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora. April will include a wedding anniversary trip - possibly to the Cook Islands or St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I'd love to finally make it to Bali, Lombok, and other parts of Indonesia later in the year as well, though a trip of that length (I'd want at least 2 weeks there) may be out of the question if my husband and I don't want that to be the only place we visit this year!

Some other areas at the top of my wish list for 2010 are:

*Argentina - would also love to spend a few days at the fabulous Four Seasons in nearby Carmelo, Uruguay http://www.fourseasons.com/carmelo/
Photo courtesy of Four Seasons Carmelo

*Morocco - especially Marrakesh! If you're looking for a fabulous blog, check out "My Marrakesh", which is the beautifully written and photographed ongoing true story of American building a boutique hotel, Peacock Pavilions. http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/ The property looks like it will be amazing! When I make it to that city, I would love to split my time between there and the recently renovated La Mamounia (http://www.mamounia.com/uk/index.php), a legendary Marrakesh hotel.
Photo courtesy of ilove-marrakech.com

*Colombia - especially Cartagena and Eco-habs in Tayrona National Park http://www.concesionesparquesnaturales.com/site/Ingles/Tayrona/Tayrona.html
Photo courtesy of CartagenaApartment.com

*Croatia
Photo courtesy of DubrovnikCroatia.biz


*Turkey - shopping and taking in the culture in Istabul, hot air ballooning and staying in a cave hotel in Cappadocia
Photo courtesy of CappadociaFlights.com

*Peru - especially the Amazon region and Mancora - a beach area that looks incredibly laid-back and fun, and with which I fell in like after seeing the eponymous film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1003023/
Image courtesy of Andeantravelweb.com

*British Virgin Islands - perhaps a crewed sailboat charter? Sounds like heaven to me!
Photo courtesy of Moorings.com

*Nicaragua - a few days at Morgan's Rock in San Juan del Sur (http://www.morgansrock.com/) would make for a wonderful long weekend trip; with more time I'd add on a couple of days in Granada and a few in the Corn Islands.
Photo courtesy of CasaIguana.net

I'd love to hear about places you visited in 2009! What countries, cities, resorts, and sights did you love seeing last year? And where are you headed/what's on your list for this year?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...